UNKNOWN THINGS ABOUT APAO HOT METL ADHESIVE
APAO Molten Adhesive stands for Amorphous Poly Alpha Olefin which is an amorphous Polyolefin molten adhesive.
Olefin polymers are produced from Propylene, Ethylene, and/or Butene-1 via a catalytic system, so APAO-based hot melt adhesive has good adaptive properties and is used in many applications.
CLASSIFICATION OF APAO HOT MELT GLUE: HOMOPOLYMER, COPOLYMER
Homopolymers are polymers made up of one monomer. APAO homopolymer is hot melt glue made of 100% propylene.
Characteristics of Homopolymer:
Homopolymer provides exceptional heat resistance, is very hard, and has a fast installation time, therefore it is suitable for applications requiring high-speed production lines. Homopolymers are used to replace expensive Polyamide hot melt glue in many applications.
- Excellent heat resistance
- Excellent adhesion
- Short setting time - specialized for high-speed production lines.
The copolymer is a polymer made up of 2 or more different monomers.
APAO copolymer hot melt glue is a combination of Polypropylene and Ethylene or Butene-1. The combination of different components and proportions of these three raw materials will change the product opening time, thermal stability, and bond strength.
- High and low-temperature resistance.
- Hardness ranges from medium to soft.
- Opening time can range from medium to very long.
- The glue is specialized in melting spray applications.
- Excellent adhesion on a variety of hard-to-stick surfaces.
FEATURES OF APAO-BASED HOT MELT GLUE
The hot-melt formula is the perfect combination to bring out the features and overcome many shortcomings of the common hot-melt glues such as:
- Cold/heat resistance
- Excellent heat resistance: often can replace molten polyamide.
- High soft points
- Long opening time
- Short installation time
- Low cost: For difficult-to-stick applications, it is possible to replace the glues which have higher costs.
APPLICATIONs FOR APAO HOT MELT GLUE
APAO-based hot melt adhesive is used in a wide range of applications, especially assembly applications with adjustable open time and various product codes.
Here are the common applications of APAO glue:
- Assemble the battery
- Car filters
- Assembly of components
- Stick the lamp head
WHY APAO GLUE IS USED IN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONs:
- Good UV stability.
- Work on a wide range of temperatures.
- Flexible opening time.
- Excellent temperature stability.
Furniture manufacturing is a potential and profitable industry, and the demand for adhesives also increases. One of these includes: sticking fabric - foam, assembling the panel, mattress gluing, ... with low cost, APAO glue is a great choice for the furniture manufacturing industry with a flexible opening time to meet various types of application lines.